- Available product licenses
- Differences between Office 365 and ProPlus 2016
- Accessing your Office product account
- Downloading, installing and activating Office ProPlus
AVAILABLE PRODUCT LICENSES
All members of the HTSI community have access to the following products free of charge thanks to our collaboration agreement with Microsoft:
- Office 365. This is the online version of Microsoft Office that allows you to work using any web browser, such as Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox. No installation is necessary.
- ProPlus 2016. This is the desktop version of Microsoft Office, available for both Windows and Mac. This software must be downloaded and installed on your computer.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OFFICE 365 AND PROPLUS 2016
- Both products allow you to use a number of tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote or Outlook.
- The tools in Office 365 allow you to work as a team, with multiple users able to work on the same document simultaneously.
- The tools in Office ProPlus have more features.
ACCESSING YOUR OFFICE PRODUCT ACCOUNT
El acceso a dichas herramientas se realiza a través de los siguientes pasos:
- Visit https://www.office.com
- You can select your language in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Activate your account by clicking on Sign in and entering your firstname.lastname@example.org email address and password.
- This account also allows you to use OneDrive, a cloud-based file storage service similar to Dropbox or GoogleDrive.
- Remember that if you do not remember your password, you can recuperate it by clicking on this link.
- Once connected (see Figure 1), you can decide whether you want to access Office365 tools directly through the corresponding icon, or select the “Install Office Applications” option. In the lower part of the page, you can see the Office documents stored on your OneDrive account
Figure 1. Options available once you have signed in at https://www.office.com
DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND ACTIVATING OFFICE PROPLUS
- Sign in to your Microsoft account (see Figure 1)
- Click on “Install Office Apps” to access the following options:
- Office 2016. Allows you to download the Office installer
- Other install program. Changes the language or the install version of Office (32 or 64 bits),
- If needed, you can change the installation options by clicking on “Other install program”
- Download the installer by clicking “Office 2016” (see Figure 2)
- Once the download is complete, run the file to begin the installation process (see Figure 3). An Internet connection is required for the installation process
- Once the installation process is complete, you must activate your license. To do so:
- Start any Office tool, such as Microsoft Word
- Click on the “File” tab in the upper left-hand corner and select “Account” (see Figure 4).
- Sign in using your HTSI email and password
Figure 2. Select this option to download the Office desktop version.
Figure 3. Screen showing the installation progress for Microsoft Office ProPlus.
Figure 4. You must activate Office by opening any Office tool. To do so, click on “Account” in the “File” tab and sign in using your HTSI email and password.